Monday, March 23, 2009

Easter Tiny Treat Basket and More

Each Tuesday, Paper Craft Planet has a different 3-d challenge to try out. Last week’s (yes, I’m a little late . . .) was to make one of these tiny treat baskets. You can find full directions here on Cambria’s blog.

I used some fun spring themed paper from Imaginisce for my basket. I added a light pink scalloped edge to the top of the basket, keeping with the spring color scheme. The basket's base is made from yellow cardstock, so I chose yellow twill for the handle. I filled it with some matching pastel jelly bean eggs.

The tag is made with stamps from the Easter Basket set from Clear & Simple Stamps. This set is the current "Stamp of the Month" at CSS and through March 31, you can get $1 off your purchase of this set using the code DTBlog309 .


I stamped the strip of egg images repeatedly in pale pink ink on white cardstock, then punched out the tag. I stamped the “for you on Easter” sentiment over the eggs in a darker rose ink. The tag is layered on two slightly larger coordinating tags, then attached to the handle with some twine.

Materials Used:
Easter Basket stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); Regal Rose Classic ink, Barely Banana and Whisper White cardstock, large tag punch, horizontal slot punch (Stampin’ Up!); patterned paper (Imaginisce-Hot Chicks); Sweet Blush Palette ink, Sweet Blush cardstock, Lemon Tart twill (Papertrey Ink); yellow brads (Making Memories)

For more Easter ideas, you can stop by the Better Homes and Gardens site. Their Easter idea section has tons of fun and cute craft, gift and home décor ideas for you to try out. Here's a photo of one of the crafts you can find. These cute chicks are really egg "cozies," keeping soft-cooked eggs warm until someone eats them.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is really cute!! I love that paper and the colors . Those jellybeans look so yummy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, cute! I love it!

    Hugs~Becky

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips