Friday, March 13, 2009

Trying out Tulip Garden

I hadn't tried my new multi step Tulip Garden set from Kitchen Sink Stamps yet, so I pulled it out for Jen's Sketch for You to Try. The tall, narrow tulip image turned out to be a perfect fit for the vertical panel on the cardfront.

I stamped the tulip in shades of pink, including one shimmery ink. The shimmery ink adds fabulous depth if you look at the card at *just* the right angle.

I paired the tulip image with patterned cardstock in spring colors. It's been so dark and gray out here for the last few days that it was nice to see some bright colors--LOL! I kept the cardfront a soft, pale color so the tulip would stand out.

I set the pink strip across the bottom of the stamped image panel, leaving just enough room for the "get well wishes" sentiment. It looked a little plain, so I added some Dew Drops across the strip.

I'm off now to watch a college hockey webcast (Go Badgers!) and play with my brand new iPhone . . .

Materials Used:
Multi-step Tulip Bouquet, Never a Loss 4 Words stamp sets, Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Certainly Celery, Kiwi Kiss, Pretty in Pink and Regal Rose Classic inks, Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Berry Sorbet and New Leaf Palette inks, Sweet Blush and Lemon Tart cardstock, Bitty Dot Basics patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); patterned paper (My Mind's Eye); Pearlescent Orchid ink (Brilliance)

3 comments:

  1. Yet another fabulous card!! I love your take on the SFYTT. I haven't inked up my Tulips yet either, I can't wait.

    Have fun with your new iPhone! (I'm so jealous.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Such refreshing and spring like colors.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips