Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Blog Hopping with Anya and Ian

When I saw that there was going to be an Anya Blog Hop featuring fun Anya and Ian images from The Greeting Farm, I knew I’d have to participate! I love these fun images and I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else does with them.

For my blog hop card, I combined the Anya from the Pretty Hat set with the Football Ian image. It took some masking and a few tries to get it just right . . . I colored my blended image with Copic markers and added Pink Shimmerz and Silver Pearls Liquid Pearls embellishments. I took a cue from the Pretty Hat set and added a velvet flower, embellished with a self-adhesive rhinestone, to the football helmet.

The rest of the card is pretty simple. I stayed with the sports theme of the image and went from there. I found some cardstock with a texture that reminded me of a football’s texture, but in a “girly” color, and used that to cover the cardfront. I created a pennant shape for the sentiment. The words “go team” are spelled out with white rub-on letters. I added a button, tied with twine, to anchor the pennant to the card.

For more Anya inspiration, head to the Club Anya blog to see the list of all of the bloggers participating in the hop. You can also stop in to the Club Anya group on Paper Craft Planet for chatting and more fun.

Materials Used:
Pretty Hat set and Football Ian stamp (The Greeting Farm); white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Rose Red, Pink Pirouette, and Close to Cocoa cardstock, Chocolate Chip 5/8” grosgrain ribbon, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); patterned paper, rub-ons (American Crafts); button (Papertrey Ink); twine (Walmart); velvet flower (Prima); Silver Pearls Liquid Pearls (Ranger); self-adhesive rhinestone (Darice); Pink Shimmerz

30 comments:

  1. This is too funny! Great job. Your coloring is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way, Lori!!! This is AWESOME!!! I LOVE it!!! You are SO talented!!! I really need to add you to my blog roll!!! Haha!! Hope you have been well, since the Copic class!!!
    Take care!

    Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious!! So cuuute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an adorable card Lori!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool! I love the contrast of the pinks and the football helmet. too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg what a fun card it rocks love it heres to girl power!
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE IT great colours and made me giggle

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just adorable! Seriously!! I love a girly football player! I mean girls can play football too!!! LOL! The pink helmut is priceless and I love your gorgeous coloring! The layout and papers though really accentuate your image and theme!

    Smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete
  9. This made me laugh out loud. What a cute idea and a BEAUTIFUL card!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my Goodness, I laughed right out loud when I saw this. This would have been my niece for sure... She used to play football on a girls league.... This is just too adorable! I love it!
    Hugs
    Lynda =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is SO funny and cute!!! You did an amazing job getting that helmet on Anya so flawlessly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This brought a smile to my face. You did such a good job. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. AHAHAHA! I love this! This is so funny but so well done! Thank you for the smiles after this fun and long blog hop. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Git em girl!!! Need more girls on the team don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is ADORABLE LORI!! WAY to think out of the box with this one...this is SO something a girl can do!!! I LOVE it! Thanks so much for playing and hope you had a blast! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahhahahaha!!! Awesome change up Lori!!! I'm so glad to see someone else using Pretty Hat Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute! What a great mix up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love how girly she is in her dress/pearls, etc in the helmet...so much fun!! Great job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OH HOW FUNNY but adorable. I'm a tom boy at heart and wera pink...this is me!!! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL!!!! That is sooo cool :) I Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi,

    I know I recognize your picture maybe from leaving comments on some of the blogs I frequent???

    Anyway,

    I had to give up leaving comments half way thru the hop last night in order to get done in time, but I wanted to come back and let you know your projects is super cute great way to change things up!!! I love the Football Helmet on Anya that must have taken ages to cut out!!!

    Heather

    I think we all had a fun time making our creations for the Hop!!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oooops I forgot to tell you I added your blog to my follow list and look forward to many more of your creations!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips