Thursday, April 2, 2009

Here's a quick card I made for this week's sketch challenge at 2 Sketches 4 You. Using patterned paper and a few embellishments, I pulled this together in no time at all.

The cardfront is covered with paper from SEI's Mimosa line. The papers in this line are so pretty--some are glittered, some are pearlized, some are shimmery. I was able to showcase both sides of the paper on this card.

The satin band that divides the two patterns is a strip of moss ribbon. I added my embellishments around the band. The butterfly is made with a Sizzix die. I cut two of the same shape--one from pink cardstock and one from vellum. The vellum one is embossed with my Swiss Dot embossing folder and layered on the pink cardstock. I added a trio of pearls at the center of the butterfly to hide the adhesive (sneaky, I know!). The other embellishments are velvet Prima flowers with sparkly brads at the centers.

I stamped part of one of the sentiments from the Hero Arts All Occasions Messages stamp set on the patterned paper. I used a bold pink ink to tie in the pinks of the flowers and to stand out against the green. My photo really doesn't do this card justice--I may try to re-take it tonight after work . . .

Materials Used:

Other: Pink Pirouette cardstock, vellum, butterfly die, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); velvet flowers (Prima); Raspberry Fizz Palette ink (Papertrey Ink)

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty Lori! Those papers are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you embossed the butterfly! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute Lori - love that shimmer paper and of course the buttefly.
    Thanks for playing
    Hugs
    Kazan

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips