Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Bee-lieve in Yourself

Here's my card for today's SCS sketch challenge. I used my Everyday Adorable kit from Unity for the first time here--the name fits the kit perfectly!

I used the cute bee image and one of the matching "bee" sentiments for the focal image on my card. The bee is colored with Copic markers. I added a pair of sparkly vellum wings (made with a quick dip in Dazzling Diamonds). The edges of the panel were rubbed in my Pink Pirouette ink pad to soften it a little--it looked too white to me against the pale colors of the card.

The patterned papers came from a big box of K & Company papers. I wanted something with yellows to coordinate with the bee and found one with a pink and yellow pattern and another with stripes in shades of yellow. I matted these with Pretty in Pink cardstock and arranged them on the card base. The sentiment is stamped in darker Regal Rose ink to stand out.

The trio of yellow buttons were a last minute addition, put in place just as I was getting ready to photograph the card. My container of new Lemon Tart buttons from Papertrey Ink was overflowing and they caught my eye, so they made it on to the card.

Thanks to everyone who's been checking in on Cosmo the crazy dog. He seems to be doing better today. I've released him from the cone collar for a while as long as he stays within my sight. He's so tired from battling with it all day that he hasn't moved an inch in the last hour. I'm hoping that we'll be able to completely remove the collar by the weekend.

Materials Used:
Everyday Adorable kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Regal Rose and Pink Pirouette Classic inks, Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana, and Whisper White cardstock, vellum, Dazzling Diamonds, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); rectangle and scalloped rectangle dies (Nestabilities); patterned paper (K & Company); Lemon Tart buttons, twine (Papertrey Ink); pink satin ribbon (Michaels)

2 comments:

  1. I love your little bee. How adorable! I also love the color combination and would not have thought to put that together.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips