Friday, May 29, 2009

Birthday and Beyond

Here's my card for this week's Mojo Monday sketch. It also doubles as one of my challenge cards for the Stampin' Out Alzheimer's site. I'm going to try to complete a few more SOA challenges before the end of the weekend . . .

I used Verve's Wishful Elegance stamp set for this card. I colored one of the flowers for the focal image using Copic markers, then carefully trimmed around it. I added a button to the center, tied with a scrap of silver cord. The flower's layered on a shimmery white cardstock circle, then on a rose scalloped circle.

I kept the card monochromatic, using both sides of a piece of patterned paper from GCD Studios to cover the cardfront. I layered a pair of grosgrain ribbons to cover the seam between the two patterns. The sentiment is stamped in rose ink to stand out against the stripes.

Materials Used:
Wishful Elegance stamp set (Verve Stamps); Snow White Choice Cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Regal Rose Classic ink, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, and Shimmery White cardstock, Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon, silver cord, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Sweet Blush button (Papertrey Ink); white grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); 1 1/2" circle punch (EK Success); scalloped circle die (Nestabilities); Pink Petal Liquid Pearls (Ranger); patterned paper (GCD Designs)


This one is for the Verve sketch challenge on the SOA site. I just got my new Verve stamps and couldn't put them away before trying them out. I used the new Up, Up And Away set for this card. The balloon image is paper pieced with a scrap of the same patterned paper I used for the panel that runs up and down the side of the card. The clouds are paper pieced, too, stamped on white cardstock, then covered with sparkly flock for a fun look.

I paired the balloon image with the "To infinity and beyond" sentiment from Verve's Great Expectations set. I wish I'd planned things better so that there was more space for the sentiment . . .

Materials Used:
Up, Up and Away and Great Expectations stamp sets (Verve Stamps); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Plum Pudding Palette ink, Lavender Moon cardstock, Lavender Moon Swiss dot satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Soft Sky and Whisper White cardstock, silver brads (Stampin' Up!); Apron Lace border punch (Fiskars); patterned paper (We R Memory Keepers-Madame Royale line); Sugar Sparkly Fluff

2 comments:

  1. cute, cute, CUTE!!! Love that hot air balloon card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just gorgeous, Lori. That pink one just has me all giddy! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips