Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sketches {by Tamara}: Recipe 49

Here's my card for this week's recipe challenge at Sketches {by Tamara}. This week's required ingredients were chipboard, buttons, and flowers. I mixed and matched some stamps, ink, and paper from Papertrey Ink to create this clean and simple card.

I managed to cover all three of this week’s ingredients on one single element of my card—the Maya Road chipboard flower, embellished with a button. The chipboard is covered with a piece of polka dotted patterned paper. I attached the paper to the flower with a glue stick, then used a paper file to smooth the edges down. To make the light colored button pop, I added a contrasting green circle beneath it.

I continued the polka dot theme on other elements on my card. The flower’s layered on a yellow circle, embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dot embossing folder. The green panel on the cardfront is stamped with one of the images from PTI’s Polka Dot Basics. Love that versatile set! I added a simple sentiment from Beyond Basic Borders to complete the card.

Materials Used:
Beyond Basic Borders and Polka Dot Basics stamp sets, Ripe Avocado Palette ink, Aqua Mist, Lemon Tart, and Ripe Avocado cardstock, Ripe Avocado stitched grosgrain ribbon, Aqua Mist button (Papertrey Ink); chipboard flower (Maya Road); 1" circle punch (EK Success); circle die (Nestabilities)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips