Monday, June 8, 2009

My Favorite Snack

****If you're here for Kitchen Sink Monday, please scroll down to the next post.****

I know that I’ve said before that I’m not a big chocolate fan, so when it comes to snacking, I tend to turn to the salty stuff. One of my favorite snacks is popcorn, so I think that might explain why I like the Bucket-o-Popcorn set from Clear & Simple Stamps so much.

I based this fun card on Karen’s Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge. I first saw her sketch challenge on the Stampin’ Out Alzheimer’s site and decided to check out this week’s sketch. I made the bucket of popcorn my focal image. The bag is colored with Copic markers. I stamped the popcorn top a second time on a scrap of paper, added some yellow shading, then trimmed around it and attached it to the colored bag image with dimensionals.

Keeping with the color scheme I used in the popcorn bag, I used some 1” red, black, and white patterned paper squares for the pieces behind the image panel. I arranged and rearranged them a few times before coming up with a configuration I liked. The image is set on top of the grid using dimensionals. I added some paper piercing along the bottom, leading up to the sentiment. A simple red brad next to it adds just a pop of color.

And, in other CSS news, we want to thank you for your participation in this weekend’s Blog Hop for the Cure. The winners are as follows:

Limited Edition Series of mini stamp sets are going to Terri/avid reader and Shirley. The grand prize Awareness Darling set and embellishment package is going to Harriett Hensley.

Materials Used:
Bucket-o-Popcorn stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Basic Black, Kraft and Real Red cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); Men of Life, Black & White Basics, and Bitty Star Basics patterned paper, True Black grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); red brad (Joann)

3 comments:

  1. Cute card, but not a fan of chocolate??? I'm a chocohaloic as well as my daughter is too ;-) Guess that explains the cavities.

    I love seeing all your creations with the CSS sets...I just bought another one as well as some Copic markers from them. Can't wait to play some more with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, cute!! Love that little bucket of popcorn, that's darling! Fantastic job with the sketch, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Lori! Popcorn is a favourite snack of mine as well!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips