Monday, August 24, 2009

Happy Harvest?

***If you're here for Kitchen Sink Stamps Monday, scroll down to the post below.***

I’m still trying out my newest Papertrey Ink stamp sets. Here, I used the pumpkin image from the new Boo to You set along with some older sets along with the colors in Dawn’s latest color challenge--Melon Berry, Hibiscus Burst, Spring Moss, and Vintage Cream.

I love the new formula Spring Moss ink! It gives a beautiful, rich image. Here, I used it to repeatedly stamp the leafy border from Beyond Basic Borders on a matching Spring Moss panel. I flipped the image over each time I stamped it for a nice pattern.

The pumpkin image is stamped in Melon Berry ink with a Spring Moss stem. I added a simple bright pink flower at the base of the pumpkin, then layered the matted image on the leaf-stamped panel. I stamped the “happy harvest” sentiment from Vintage Picnic on a strip of Melon Berry cardstock and rounded the edges before attaching it to the card. I’m not exactly sure what event I’d give a card with this sentiment for, but it seemed to fit the card’s theme . . . Anyway, I added a knotted piece of Spring Moss ribbon to finish off the card.

Materials Used:
Boo to You, Vintage Picnic, and Beyond Basic Borders stamp sets, Melon Berry and Spring Moss Palette inks, Melon Berry, Hibiscus Burst, Spring Moss, and Vintage Cream cardstock, Spring Moss dotted satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); mat pack and paper piercing tool, corner rounder, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); flower (Prima); self-adhesive pearl (Martha Stewart); circle dies (Nestabilities)

5 comments:

  1. Love that sentiment and the gorgeous bow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet card, Lori! love the cit of polka dotted ribbon and your stamped background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun flower and ribbon accent. Way to rock this color combo.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially love how you stamped the leafy background! It really sets off the pumpkin. Nice card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips