Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Chicken Girl Designs Release Day

There’s lots going on today at i {heart} papers. Today’s the official release of the two latest Chicken Girl Designs stamp sets, available exclusively at IHP. The first set from the new The Petal Press line will be available today, too.

Here’s your first look at the two sets. Here’s the Happy Halloween set, available here.


And, here’s a look at the Silly Monster stamp set, available here.


While you’re here, I thought I should show you a card, too. As soon as I saw this sentiment in the Silly Monster set, I knew just what I wanted to do with it—make a “gobbled up” card, of course!

And, here it is. I stamped one of the monster images on white cardstock, colored it with Copic markers, and cut it out. It’s attached to a pair of circle panels that have been “gobbled” with the help of a scallop edged circle punch. After securing the monster in place, I added some sparkly Stickles to its belly for some fun.

I used a piece of My Mind’s Eye designer paper with coordinating colors to cover the front of my tent topper style card. A row of zig zag stitches joins the two pieces of paper. To keep the attention on the creature at the top, I kept the rest of my card simple. I stamped the sentiment in coordinating ink and attached it to the cardfront with a dimensional. I added a faux suede ribbon tab to finish the card.

Be sure to stop by and visit the rest of the Chicken Girl Designs DT to see more of these great new sets over the coming weeks:
Merry * Natasha * Shelly * Kate

And, be sure to check out our guest DT, too:
Judith * Kendra * Loretta * Shannon * Tammy

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Chicken Girl Designs Silly Monster stamp set; My Mind’s Eye "Beauty" Charmed Stripes designer paper; Stardust Stickles; May Arts sage faux suede ribbon; Nestabilities circle dies

other: white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Bermuda Bay Classic ink, Bermuda Bay and Old Olive cardstock, scallop circle punch, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); sewing machine

6 comments:

 
Blogging tips