Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunflowers for a Happy Day

Here's a look at another one of the five brand new sets just released at Kitchen Sink Stamps. I used the new MultiStep Sunflowers set to make this card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's based on this cheerful card. When I saw the flowers in the vase on the card, I thought I could make my own similar version using images from the new set.

I kept the layout pretty much the same, but altered it to fit the watering can and sunflower images from the set I used. The watering can is stamped in shades of gray and black, then carefully cut out so it can be attached to the image panel with dimensionals. I stamped a single sunflower in shades of yellow and brown inks. There was enough room along the left side of the panel to fit the "have a happy day" sentiment from Never a Loss 4 Words, accented with a single yellow button.

The images are on a Nestabilities Labels One panel. I inked around the edges with some Summer Sunrise ink to give the panel a little definition. The panel is layered on another Labels One cut out that's the same size but offset just slightly to create a different looking border. I embossed a Barely Banana panel with the Moroccan Lace embossing folder, then added the stamped panel to finish the card.

I'll be back in the morning for Kitchen Sink Monday with sample featuring another one of the new KSS sets.

Materials Used:
MultiStep Sunflowers and Never a Loss 4 Words stamp sets, Memento London Fog ink, Brilliance Graphite Black ink (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Summer Sun, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, and Basic Gray Classic inks, Barely Banana, Old Olive, and Whisper White cardstock, Old Olive poly twill, sponge dauber, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Lemon Tart ink, Lemon Tart button (Papertrey Ink); Moroccan Lace embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Labels One die (Nestabilities)

4 comments:

  1. this is such a pretty card-love the colors and the image

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful Lori! Don't you just love this set? I love the look of your watering can...great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabulous colors and textures you have used to create this beautiful card, Lori!! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh Lori, I love your sunflower card!! Love how you placed the flower in the water can. Very clever!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips