Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Witching You a Happy Halloween

As promised yesterday, here's a sneak peek at Happy Halloween, one of the two new Chicken Girl Designs stamp sets from i {heart} papers. The images in this card are from the stamp set--so cute!

I used a sketch from the new Crazy 4 Challenges blog as the basis for my card. It's a tent topper--love making these! I had to start with the bunny image since I've always been a sucker for a cute bunny rabbit, ever since I was a very little girl. I colored the cute bunny/witch image with Copic markers, then added a few fun accents, which, unfortunately are hard to see in my photo. I used some Spica glitter pens on her hat and dress and some white sparkly fluff on her tail, then layered her on some coordinating circle panels.

I used a pair of patterned papers from the new Halloween-themed My Mind's Eye Boo to You Collection Kit for the front panel of my card. I added some texture to the panel with a piece of olive silk ribbon layered with a piece of orange glimmer ribbon. The sentiment fit perfectly at the bottom of the card.

Be sure to stop by and visit the rest of the Chicken Girl Designs team (links in the sidebar on the left) over the next week for more previews before the two new sets officially release on September 16.

Materials Used:

from i {heart} papers: Chicken Girl Designs Happy Halloween stamp set (available 9/16); My Mind's Eye Boo to You Collection Kit, Creative Impressions 1" light olive silk ribbon and orange glimmer ribbon, Copic Mint and Orange Spica pens, Our Craft Lounge Sugar White sparkly fluff, Nestabilities circle dies

other: white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Spring Moss button, twine (Papertrey Ink)

7 comments:

  1. That little witch is so cute! She's next on my list of stamps I want to use from that set! Great card, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute! I'm a sucker for a cute bunny too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable. I just can't wait for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute card, thanks for playing the C4C challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet! love the very clean look of your card! Thanks for playing with us!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips