Monday, October 26, 2009

Birthday Flower

Here's a quick card I made after work today incorporating three different challenges--today's SCS clean and simple challenge to use brads or eyelets, Dawn's latest color challenge, and this week's Just Us Girls challenge to use a 3D flower on your project.

I started with a bright pink tissue paper flower made by simply punching different size circles from tissue paper, crumpling them up, smoothing them out, and stacking them up. A single large dark brown brad holds the circles together at the center. I added a pair of bright green leaves underneath the flower.

I used my sewing machine to secure a strip of ruffled dark brown satin ribbon with a row of cream lace along the top. It was slow going to get my machine to stitch all of this together, but it seemed to come out okay in the end. I stamped the happy birthday sentiment strip from Papertrey Ink's Around & About Sentiments in Dark Chocolate ink on the kraft background to finish the clean and simple card.

Materials Used:
Around & About Sentiments, Dark Chocolate ink, New Leaf and Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); 1 1/4", 1 1/2", and 1 3/4" circle punches (EK Success); brown satin ribbon (Morex); cream lace (Wyla); brown brad (?); sewing machine

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty card! I love that bold & bright Raspberry Fizz inspired 3-D flower! Awesome way to combine 3 challenges in 1! Thank you for playing along with the Just Us Girls 3-D flower challenge! I hope you come back & play in all the upcoming challenges that we have in store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous flower, and I love the ruffled ribbon! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flower and love the color combo. I have the hardest time sewing those ruffled ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori this is a great combo - simple yet striking! Thanks SO much for playing along with Just Us Girls! I hope you had a great time and will join us again next Saturday for a brand new WILD CARD challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the CAS look and the sentiment stem for your fantastic flower. Great job. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori, what a fantastic CAS card! Love that ruffled ribbon with the lace trim, and I especially love how your tissue flower turned out! SOooo pretty :)

    Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls this week! Hope to see you again on Saturday for the Wild Card challenge I'm hosting! You don't want to miss it! EVERY participant will be a winner ;]

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI lori! Great flower! Thanks so much for playing along with us! Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips