Friday, October 30, 2009

Blogger Challenge: Week 123

This week's blogger challenge theme is Halloween. I've wanted to make one of these Top Note die Frankenstein cards for a while now, so I thought this challenge was the perfect time to try it out.

Here's my version of Frankenstein. I used one Old Olive Top Note die cut for the head. I sponged matching ink over the die cut for some depth and distressing. The hair is a section of another Top Note die, this time using Lovely Lilac cardstock. I punched out some different size circles for eyes and a nose and drew in a mouth with a black marker.

The pieces on the side of Frankenstein's head are made from the large arrow from the My Way punch. I added a single silver brad "screw" in each of them for a little dimension and interest.

The Frankenstein face is layered on a white base made from a 4 1/4" by 11" piece of cardstock folded in half and cut with the Top Note die just below the top (point of the die). The Frankenstein piece matches up to the shape of the card base at the bottom and sides, but extends just beyond the top "fold" between the two connected Top Notes.

For more Halloween projects, you can visit the rest of the challenge players. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Old Olive and Lovely Lilac Classic inks, Old Olive, Lovely Lilac, Basic Gray, Basic Black, and Whisper White cardstock, Basic Black marker, Top Note die, 1 1/4" and 1" circle punches, My Way punch, silver brad, sponge

17 comments:

  1. Everyone loves Frankenstein, especially at Halloween! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Gosh how fun is this! Awesome job with "Frankie" and the arrows are the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Frankenstein Lori! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh he's so darn cute! I love the expression on his face and those arrows are kind of how i'm feeling today! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Frankie- how fun- love the arrows you added. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is simply adorable Lori! Love the bolts/arrows! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. The "bolts" make your Frankie extra special. What a cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. TeeHee, love the arrows. Just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your BOLTS--and the purple hair is a great take on your Frankie. It's very unique. He's one guy that really gets around this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hee hee....love the arrow thru his head! So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love how you used the arrow punch for the bolts! Super adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the addition of the arrows! Frankie was very popular for this week's challenge. You've made him almost loveable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my word...now that is innovative..I love seeing everyon's take on this theme.
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips