Saturday, October 31, 2009

Snowflake Shoebox Swap

I’m attending a shoebox swap today with some local stamping friends. I had so much fun making the spooky tealight cover I shared earlier this week that I thought I’d create a different one to make at the swap, this time with a winter theme.

I used the bold snowflake image from Stampin’ Up!’s Best Wishes & More stamp set for the image in the window of all of the panels. The snowflake fit perfectly inside the opening created by a 1 ½” circle punch. I added a little of the chunkier Ice Stickles in Crystal Ice to embellish the snowflakes and add a little sparkle.

The base for the tealight cover is made from Almost Amethyst cardstock. The top of the cover has a border done with the eyelet punch. A piece of white ribbon finishes off the piece. I gave everyone a tealight candle in their supply packet so they can display their project at home right away.

And, since it’s Halloween, for all of the Cosmo the crazy dog fans out there, I promise to be back later with a photo of Cosmo decked out in his Halloween costume . . .

Materials Used:
Best Wishes & More stamp set, White Craft ink, Almost Amethyst cardstock, vellum, Sticky Strip, eyelet border punch (Stampin’ Up!); 1 ½” circle punch (EK Success); Crystal Ice Ice Stickles (Ranger); white organdy ribbon (Michaels)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips