Thursday, October 29, 2009

You Rock!

I made this fun card based on Mary Jo’s latest sketch challenge. I must admit that I strayed just a little from the sketch for my design.

I used one of the small space character images from the new DoodleFactory Final Frontier set from Starving Artistamps. Mini Dash is colored with Copic markers, cut out, and layered over a sparkly gold star using a dimensional. I added the “you rock” sentiment to the side of the panel using navy ink.

I paired the image with some star patterned paper. The colors for the card were inspired by the ones in the paper. They’re not ones I would usually combine, but I like how it turned out.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Final Frontier stamp set, Urban #2 sentiments set (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Night of Navy Classic ink, Night of Navy, Bashful Blue, and Basic Gray cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (Scribble Scrabble); gold paper (Target); star die (Nestabilities)

2 comments:

  1. Totally cute! Such a fun image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I love this. How adorable and fun! Great idea to use the star behind that cute little guy. Great card. Thanks so much for playing along with the sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips