Friday, November 27, 2009

Blogger Challenge: Week 127

This week's blogger challenge was to create an altered item. I have a bunch of these plain metal CD tins in my collection, so I thought I'd use one of the tins and some supplies from i {heart} papers to make a fun winter themed paper doll set.

I used a pair of patterned papers from the My Mind's Eye Colorful Christmas Collection Kit to cover the outide of the tin. To shorten the time I spent on the project, I used tape from my ATG to adhere the papers (instead of a wet glue like Mod Podge) and it seemed to work fine.

The seam where the two patterned papers meet is covered with a bold pink strip of faux suede ribbon. I accented the ribbon with one of the snowflake die cuts that comes with the My Mind's Eye kit. A blue glittery snowflake dresses up the die cut.

I used some different colored letter stickers to spell out "snow fun" on the bottom section of the tin. The stickers have a fun textured look to them that helps them stand out against the paper's bold stripes.



Inside the tin, I created a simple snowy scene using more patterned paper from the kit and some white paper embossed with a snowflake embossing folder. I attached the patterned paper first, then layered on some of the embossed papers, using foam tape between layers to add dimension.

I punched out a few more of the kit's die cuts and added magnetic tape pieces to the back sides. This allows the figures to be moved around and to stick to the tin, too.

For more altered project ideas, you can visit the rest of the challenge players. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right. And, be sure to check out my post below for info about this weekend's big Black Friday sale at IHP.

Materials Used:

from i {heart} papers: My Mind's Eye Colorful Christmas Collection Kit, May Arts light fuschia faux suede ribbon, Petaloo Dazzlers-Snowflakes, Daisy D's Chloe Marie Alpha cardstock stickers, QuicKutz snowflake embossing folder

other: CD tin, magnetic tape, foam tape

15 comments:

  1. now that's super cute! Love the whole scene :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling and I can see a little girl happily enjoying this while waiting for mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Love the bright cheery colors! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute, love all the details and the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! Love the images you used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is just STINKIN' CUTE! I love your project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so adorable Lori! I LOVE this kit! You did a wonderful job with it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just lovely!!! I love the little scene inside the tin- the snow is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful idea for those tins! Any little girl would be thrilled to play with that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super cute little scene!!! Love it~!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This super duper cute!! What an awesome idea and now that I have a ton of these tins I can make some of my own!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips