Saturday, November 28, 2009

Outdoor Inspiration

The big Black Friday sale is still going on over at i {heart} papers--you don't want to miss out on all the great deals! You can find all the details about the sale here. I made this card for this week's sketch challenge at Paper Craft Planet using some IHP supplies. The sketch came from my fellow PCP and IHP DT member, Lynn--how lucky am I to get to work so much with this talented and amazing lady??

My card for the sketch ended up with an outdoorsy look and feel courtesy of the combination of images, colors, and patterned paper. I started by stamping a solid leaf image from Papertrey Ink's Turning a New Leaf set randomly on a kraft panel in green ink. I cut the panel in thirds (hint--make the panel a length that's easily divisible by three--I went with 3 3/4"), then layered it on a coordinating green panel. The image panel is wrapped in a piece of olive silk ribbon. This stuff is so luxurious!

I cut a piece of trendy woodgrain patterned paper from the Cosmo Cricket Nutmeg Mini Deck to cover most of the cardfront, then layered the stamped panel on top. The green color of the paper looks great with my kraft and green stamped image panel. I strayed away from the sketch just a bit in the end, adding a round sentiment panel. I chose a sentiment from Unity's Bevy of Butterflies kit, stamped it on a pair of Nestabilities circle panels and attached it to the card with foam tape.

If you get a chance to give the sketch a try, be sure to use the keyword sk112809 so it can be added to this week's gallery.

Materials Used:

other: Turning a New Leaf stamp set, Spring Moss and Dark Chocolate inks, Spring Moss cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Chocolate Chip and Kraft cardstock (Stampin' Up!); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips