Sunday, November 29, 2009

Pale Pastel Thank You

Here's a quick card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. My card is loosely based on this one.

I tried to recreate the look of the embossed image with stamps. Papertrey Ink's Turning a New Leaf stamp set was still on my table from yesterday, so I used the set's largest leaf image to stamp along the edges of two sides of a kraft panel. I added in some flowers are from the Everyday Classics set (last year's PTI anniversary set) for a little burst of color. The images are stamped in PTI's new pigment inks--I love how these inks look on kraft cardstock! I stamped one of the sentiments from the Signature Greetings set in Soft Suede ink in the empty space, stamping off first for a lighter look like the pale inks on the rest of the card. I sponged some Soft Suede ink along the edge of the kraft panel to add a little depth and to include a little more of the elements from the original card.

I layered the kraft panel on a Sweet Blush card base, resisting the urge to add some ribbon around the top of the card. Instead, I settled on dots of Pink Petal Liquid Pearls at the center of each flower.

Materials Used:
Turning a New Leaf, Everyday Classics, and Signature Greetings stamp sets, Sweet Blush and Spring Moss inks, Sweet Blush cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Soft Suede Classic ink, Kraft cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Pink Petal Liquid Pearls (Ranger)

5 comments:

  1. So glad I found your blog...not even sure how I did!

    I would love if you would visit The Play Date Cafe! Your style would be SO welcome over there! You'll find it at theplaydatecafe.blogspot.com

    Great blog and look forward to coming back often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just STUNNING, Lori! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful. I'm trying NOT to buy this set but I've seen so many wonderful cards made with it that I just may give in. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out great, love how it looks. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips