Sunday, November 15, 2009

Pure Innocence Pair

***Scroll down to the next post for all the details about today's new releases at Clear & Simple Stamps.***

I broke out my new compressor today along with some new images from My Favorite Things for these two sweet cards. The images in the Pure Innocence line are absolutely adorable and fun to color, too.

This one is for today's featured stamper. The super talented Dawn was the stamper highlighted today and I picked this card from her gallery to work with. I replaced the image she used with the My Balloon image. The image is colored with Copic markers. After I finished coloring, I hooked up the compressor and airbrush to add the grass and sky. They're a little more heavy-handed than I would have liked--I definitely need more practice.

I layered the colored image on a red scalloped panel, then placed it on the white card base with foam tape. Instead of adding multiple bright ribbon tabs, I added one single wide red grosgrain ribbon tab to the image panel. The "birthday girl" sentiment is stamped in red ink and accented with a simple row of paper piercing.

Materials Used:
My Balloon image (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Real Red Classic ink, Real Red cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool (Stampin' Up!); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); rectangle and scalloped rectangle dies (Nestabilities); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); foam tape

Here's my second Pure Innocence card. This one uses the layout from Mercy's latest Tuesday Sketch challenge. I flipped the sketch on its side to accommodate the orientation of the image.

Again, I colored the image with Copic markers and added an airbrushed background. I used a lighter marker this time, so it looks less splotchy. I added some glitter to the snowballs, then matted the image on a rose panel. I layered the image on a piece of coordinating DCWV designer paper. A piece of light blue grosgrain ribbon is machine-stitched along the left side of the image. I added a super sparkly snowflake accent to the lower left corner of the image, then stamped the sentiment directly on the patterned paper to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Snow Day image (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Regal Rose and Brocade Blue cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (DCWV-Holiday Collection The Winter Matstack); rectangle die (Nestabilities); light blue grosgrain ribbon (Morex); snowflake (Me & My Big Ideas); pink self-adhesive rhinestone (Darice); sewing machine; foam tape

6 comments:

  1. Adorable cards! Those images are so sweet -- I've been fighting with myself about getting them, and one of us is losing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two gorgeous cards Lori! You did way better with the air brush than I would have! Your take on Mercy's sketch is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable cards. I really love those sweet new images from MFT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both just precious cards Lori! I love your air brushing on the background. I'm considering getting a compressor myself and your cards may have pushed me over the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are simply adorable Lori! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lori...these are so cute! i love the new images from mft! your coloring is so fun, and i love the clean and simple lines on both of these cards!

    thanks for playing along with my sketch for last week...you did an amazing job! :)

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips