Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Have a Magical Day

It's been a few days since I inked up one of the Pure Innocence cuties from My Favorite Things, so I pulled out Fairy Girl for today's SCS sketch challenge. I paired her with pastel colors and a pattern from Cosmo Cricket's Earth Love line on this card.

The sweet fairy image is colored with Copic markers and dressed up with some Starlight Stickles. I mean, what fairy would be complete without some sparkle on her wings? I sponged in the grass for a soft look, then stamped the matching sentiment in black ink so it would stand out.

I pulled colors for the mats and panels from the colors in the designer paper. The aqua panel is embossed with a polka dot pattern. I decorated the scalloped circle panel with a coordinating Spring Moss button-embellished bow that matches the ribbon piece that's stretched across the card. All the pieces are layered on a So Saffron card base.

I have to admit that I had a near miss with dropping the card (and most likely smearing the Stickles everywhere) before it was photographed, but I managed to catch the card before it hit the floor face-down, averting a stamping crisis. Always a good thing . . .

Materials Used:
Fairy Girl image (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Certainly Celery Classic ink, So Saffron cardstock, scallop circle punch, sponge (Stampin' Up!); Aqua Mist and Spring Moss cardstock, Spring Moss grosgrain ribbon, Spring Moss button, twine (Papertrey Ink); designer paper (Cosmo Cricket-Earth Love line); Polka Dots embossing folder (QuicKutz); Stardust Stickles (Ranger); black Glaze pen (Sakura)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips