Saturday, December 12, 2009

Peace & Love & Snowflakes

I made this card tonight, inspired by this week's challenge at Crazy 4 Challenges to use snowmen or snowflakes. I went the snowflake route on this clean and simple card.

It took all of 10 minutes to assemble this one. Maybe I should keep this design in mind for my holiday cards for next year . . . Anyway, I used three patterned paper panels from last year's October Afternoon holiday line, Good Cheer, for the trio of pieces on my cardfront. They're attached to a piece of soft blue cardstock. I added a red ruffled suede ribbon tab as an accent at one end. The "peace & love" sentiment from the Hero Arts Jolly Christmas stamp set is stamped on the striped patterned paper in black ink.

I used a large snowflake punch and a white glitter sheet to make the super sparkly snowflakes. These sheets are great--the glitter really sticks to to the paper and doesn't come off everywhere. i {heart} papers carries it in a few different color packages. I added a single rhinestone to the snowflake's center before attaching it to the card with some foam tape.

Materials Used:

other: designer paper (October Afternoon-Good Cheer line); Ocean Mist cardstock (Gina K Designs); corner rounder (EK Success); snowflake punch (Martha Stewart); rhinestone (Darice)

1 comment:

  1. Adorable! Love the blue and red and what a great way to use that glitter paper.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips