Sunday, December 13, 2009

Razzleberry Sympathy

***Be sure to scroll down to the post below to see my projects for Paper Craft Planet's special Flower Soft Challenge.***

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge, based on this pretty card. I needed to make a sympathy card, so that's the direction I took for my version of the card. This card is headed to a friend who had to put her dog to sleep yesterday. That feeling of sadness is all too fresh in my mind and I wanted to let my friend and her family know I'm thinking of them.

I kept the color scheme the same as in the original card. The green and purple together are so striking! Instead of using a patterned paper panel, I used stamped images from Papertrey Ink's Turning a New Leaf stamp set for the main image panel. I stamped the leaves in Spring Moss pigment ink on a Gina K Creme de Menthe panel--the colors work beautifully together. I used my Apron Lace border punch along the edge of a strip of striped patterned paper from the retired SU! Summer Picnic paper pack that I added to the bottom of the stamped panel. A piece of Rich Razzleberry ribbon divides the two panels.

The sympathy sentiment, accented by a trio of tiny pearls, is stamped in matching Rich Razzleberry ink on the patterned paper to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Turning a New Leaf and Beyond Basic Borders stamp sets, Spring Moss ink (Papertrey Ink); Rich Razzleberry cardstock, Summer Picnic designer paper, Rich Razzleberry dotted grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); Creme de Menthe cardstock (Gina K Designs); Apron Lace border punch (Fiskars); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); pearls (?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips