Friday, January 1, 2010

Blogger Challenge: Week 132

***Scroll down for my earlier Clear & Simple Stamps post.***

The theme for this week's blogger challenge is celebration and since today's New Year's Day, I figured that a New Year's card would be most appropriate. I haven't used this SU! A Brand New Year stamp from the Holiday Mini catalog yet, so I thought I'd try it out for today's challenge before I had to put it away until next year.

I stamped the image in Versamark on silver paper, then covered it with silver embossing powder and heat embossed it. The silver on silver embossing looks so pretty! I layered the embossed image on a black panel, then assembled the rest of the card around the image.

I kept with a simple black, white, and gray color scheme for the card. A diagonal striped panel is attached to the bottom of a shimmery white panel to cover most of the cardfront. I layered two ribbons, a plain black satin one and a stitched velvet one, across the top of the striped panel before adding the image panel with foam tape. I punched out two different size stars and layered them, too, then used some foam tape to attach the stars to the bottom corner of the image panel. Just enough to dress the card up, but not too much as to take away from the pretty silver embossed image.

For more celebration themed ideas, you can visit the rest of the challenge players. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
A Brand New Year stamp set, Basic Black, Basic Gray, and Shimmery White cardstock, Versamark, silver embossing powder, large and small star punches (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (Making Memories-Black & White Basics Mat Stack); silver paper (Target); black satin and black stitched velvet (Target); foam tape

16 comments:

  1. Very classy! I used the same stamp set on my post! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Lori. The combo of silver and black is always a classic. Happy New Year darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The black, silver and white combination is so elegant and classy! Gorgeous! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh, I love the black and silver combination! And I also love to emboss silver on silver cardstock! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, I love the black/white/grey combo. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Lori - great color combination! Wishing you all the best for 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple and elegant! Love it. happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks great embossed with the silver! Beautiful card...{SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully done Lori! Love the silver on silver! Happy New Year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh, love the silver on silver - really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the silver on silver. This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome card. It's very elegant.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nothing wrong with this lovely card--love the embossing and that you kept it simple--something that is very hard for me to do!
    Happy New Year, Nola

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous! Classy, elegant, and simple....all at the same time! GREAT card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE the black, white and silver, so striking!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips