Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Perk Up!

*****Scroll down to the post below to check out my post for this month's i {heart} papers design team challenge.*****

Here’s my card for this week’s StampTV sketch challenge. I used the cute mug image from the new Heartily Yours stamp set from Gina K Designs to make a fun get well card.

To get the two-toned image, I inked the mug using red ink for the mug and saucer and a gray marker for the steam. Each image was punched out using a 1 ½” circle punch. It cut off just a bit of the saucer, but I think it still looks okay. Each mug image is layered on a Lipstick Red scalloped circle with paper piercing in each scallop to break up the red just a bit.

I love the colors and texture in the DCWV Farmer’s Market papers, so I used one of them for inspiration here. I used a patterned panel on the top of the card that had just a pop of red. I layered the panel on a red mat, extending beyond the bottom of the patterned paper so I’d have room to stamp the sweet get well sentiment on the bottom of the card. Here’s a little paper-saving tip for you—when you’re working with a large panel like this red one that you know will be mostly covered by another layer, punch out shapes from the panel to use either on that card or to be saved for others. The red scalloped circles I used here were all punched out of the layer hidden underneath the designer paper.

The blue color was a nice match for Papertrey Ink’s Ocean Tides cardstock, so I used that as the card base along with a piece of grosgrain ribbon to divide the patterned and solid sections of the card. The sentiment is stamped at the bottom of the card in black ink. I'm not feeling that great myself right now, so I'm hoping that I'll perk up soon, just like this card suggests . . .

Materials Used:
Heartily Yours and Heartily Yours Additions stamp sets, Lipstick Red and white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Real Red Classic ink, scallop edge punch (Stampin’ Up!); Tuxedo Black ink, London Fog marker (Memento); designer paper (DCWV-Farmer’s Market Stack); Ocean Tides cardstock, Ocean Tides grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); 1 ½” circle punch (EK Success)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips