Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sweet Treat

Here’s my card for this week’s Bellarific Friday from Stamping Bella. This week’s theme was twinchies. I’ve never done a twinchie (2 x 2 inch square) on purpose before. I came up with a clean and simple design that let my sweet twinchie take center stage.

I stamped the Cuppycake with a Sprinkle on Top image in black ink and colored it with Copic markers. The sprinkles are sparkly, courtesy of a Spica pen, and the cherry was glossed with a Sakura Glaze pen. Even though the space was small, I had enough room to stamp the “sweet treat” sentiment along the side of the panel, accented with a silver brad.

I kept my layout simple so that the image would stand out. I matted the twinchie on a bold red panel. It’s layered over a rose strip with faux stitching along the edge. I added a button embellished bow to the top left corner of the twinchie.

Materials Used:
Cuppycake with a Sprinkle on Top image and sentiment (Stamping Bella); white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers, Pink Spica glitter pen (Copic); Regal Rose, Barely Banana and Real Red cardstock, Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!); Inkssentials white pen (Ranger); red button (Papertrey Ink); silver brad (Making Memories); red Glaze pen (Sakura)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips