Thursday, February 25, 2010

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop: Inspired By

For this month's Papertrey Ink Blog Hop, the challenge was to be inspired by a member of PTI's fabulous design team. I took a look at some creations from one of the newest DT member, Maile Belles. I took my inspiration from the ribbon treatment on this card. I'm always looking for new, fun ways to use ribbon as an embellishment and I loved what I saw on her card and had to try it out for myself.

Here's how I used what I saw on her card--along with some brand new PTI goodies, too! I made my focal image panel using one of the flowered branch images from the Asian Fusion stamp set, stamped in Spring Moss ink on an Aqua Mist panel. I added the "thank you" sentiment in brown ink, then dotted the center of each flower with just a teeny, tiny dot of Liquid Pearls for dimension and some shine.

I used one of the new impression plates to add some interest to the kraft panel that covers most of the cardfront. Unfortunately, my photo doesn't show it off too well. I set a piece of Aqua Mist grosgrain ribbon across the panel and stitched it in place with my sewing machine, then added the image panel with little ribbon loops on each side. So pretty!

Materials Used:
Asian Fusion stamp set, Spring Moss cardstock, Aqua Mist, Spring Moss, and Kraft cardstock, Aqua Mist grosgrain ribbon, Tin Types impression plate (Papertrey Ink); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); circle dies (Nestabilities); White Opal Liquid Pearls (Ranger); sewing machine; foam tape

40 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the folds in the ribbon! Great job with the challenge!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple and yet the color choices are wonderful. :) Nice card, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Lori, love the colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! Can I case you caseing Maille? just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just a beautiful card! Simple and elegant. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really, really pretty! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I love the simplicity of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you used the image. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful; everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pearly accents you added to the flower centers. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW ....... I really love your card and the combo of colors w/ the kraft paper........... LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a great job with the ribbon, and I love your dainty flowers and the kraft paper!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous -- love your ribbon details!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty card! Clean & simple, but w/a lot of interest.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card, Lori! LOVE your color combo - it's my favorite up to date :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Lori! Those colors are so pretty together and the ribbon fold is so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very classy card--lovely balance of color and clean lines. I can't wait to be wowed by more of your blog later.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card! It's so fresh and classic. I can't wait to use my impression plate. Thank you for the inspiration! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  19. simply elegant, what a lovely creation . . .I think I like the center medallion better than the ribbon treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the simple design and your color combo--really beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the texture on your Kraft cs and the stitching on your ribbon. Very pretty and zen like.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your simple design and color choices really make your card pop. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the colors Simple yet stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so lovely! Your card is a wondeful tribute to Maile.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this! The texture on the background Kraft and the colors you used are just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love how you placed the bouquet of flowers on the circle. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very nice card! I love how its simple but still beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very pretty! Great colors and I like the ribbon treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card. Love the colors and the ribbon treatment. And the more I see that stamp set, the more I think I need it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow! the aqua really pops off the kraft...gorgeous colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous card Lori! Thank you for choosing a card of mine to find inspiration through! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hm hm.. that's amazing but actually i have a hard time figuring it... wonder what others have to say..

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips