Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Ruff You

The next snow event has started here. I prepared this morning by shoveling the 20 plus inches of snow that has been sitting on my deck since the weekend. I wasn't sure that my deck could handle the weight of an additional 10-15" of the white stuff, so I dug in. I'm all thawed out now and spent some time in my craft room this afternoon. I'm hoping the power stays on so I can stay warm and keep crafting (and watch Lost tonight, too!).

Some of the new goodies that Kate ordered at CHA are starting to arrive at i {heart} papers. Be sure to stop by the store and check it out. I made a card for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge featuring one of the new items--the I Ruff You stamp set from Unity Stamp Co. I met Heather Rolin, the set's illustrator, at CHA. We chatted for a while about pets and our shared love of sports--what a sweetie!

Here's what I came up with based on the sketch. I colored the doggie image with Copic markers and cut it out with a Nestabilities circle die. The image is paired with a panel of heart-covered designer paper from the Love Me Do Collection Kit from My Mind's Eye. I don't use much bright yellow in my crafting, but I love how it looks in these papers! A piece of light blue faux suede ribbon is knotted around the panel. It's hard to see, but there's the tiniest blue scalloped border around each of the hearts in the patterned paper and the ribbon picks up the color perfectly. I embossed a matching strip of yellow cardstock with a polka dot embossing folder and set it across the card. The texture from the embossing seemed to make the yellow a little less bold.

Once I had assembled all the panels and pieces, there was just enough room left to squeeze in a sweet sentiment. I inked up just the "ruff" portion of the set's "i heart u" sentiment with a marker and stamped it on the blue panel. I left room to attach a coordinating chipboard "u" sticker from my stash next to it.
To my other snowed-in East Coast pals--keep safe and warm!

Materials Used:

other: white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Real Red and Yoyo Yellow cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Ocean Mist cardstock (Gina K Designs); chipboard sticker (Target dollar spot)

3 comments:

 
Blogging tips