Sunday, March 28, 2010

Doggone Great Thanks

Even before Chloe arrived home, my best friend and her family had a present ready for her. I made sure I had a simple thank you note ready for them before they stopped by today to meet Chloe for the first time.

I used the cute little doggie from Papertrey Ink's Tiny Treats: Valentine set as the focal image. The dog is colored with Copic markers and the heart is covered with some red Stickles as a fun accent.

Since I was running short on time when I was pulling this together, I kept it super simple. I cut a piece of grid patterned paper to a square slightly larger than the kraft card base. I layered a red strip over the patterned paper, extending slightly beyond the edge of the panel. The coordinating "you're doggone great" sentiment is stamped on the red panel in black ink and accented with a single silver brad. The image is matted on a brown scalloped circle and attached to the opposite end of the red strip. The layout really keeps the focus on the cute focal image.

Materials Used:
Tiny Treats: Valentine (Papertrey Ink); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Real Red, Close to Cocoa, and Kraft cardstock, 1 3/8" circle and scallop edge punches (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (October Afternoon); Ruby Slippers Glitz Stickles (Ranger); silver brad (Making Memories)

1 comment:

  1. I think this card is perfect! Love the pic of Chloe. Such a cutie! I had tears reading your last post but so excited for you as well that you've got a gorgeous new addition to the family :)

    Kylie ox

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips