Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Tweet Thang

Here’s my card for this week’s Our Craft Lounge sketch challenge. I made a few little changes to the sketch to make it work with the image I chose.

I used one of the cute bird images from the Tweet Thang set as my focal image. The bird is colored with Copic markers. I stamped the wing a second time on a scrap of cardstock, colored it in and cut it out, then attached it to the bird image with foam tape. I combined a few of the set’s sentiments on my card. The “happy birthday” is stamped on a rounded edge panel and attached to the card with foam tape. I added a yellow button with a white pen faux thread to the end of the strip. The “tweet thang” part of the sentiment is stamped on scraps of aqua cardstock and cut apart, then added to the cardfront.

I used a pair of October Afternoon Thrift Shop designer papers for the panels on the cardfront. I went with a cheery yellow plaid and a blue and yellow floral print. A piece of aqua pom pom trim is wrapped around the top of the yellow plaid, right where the two papers meet.

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Tweet Thang stamp set, Couture Cardstock medium weight white Copic blending cardstock, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (BG0000, BG10, BG11, BG13, BG15, Y13, R81), Basic Grey Kioshi button, October Afternoon Thrift Shop designer paper, Alexx Kesh aqua pom pom trim, Ranger Inkssentials white pen, Nestabilities rectangle and scalloped rectangle dies

other: Crushed Curry cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink)

3 comments:

 
Blogging tips