Thursday, June 24, 2010

Peace and Love

Here’s my card for this week’s Our Craft Lounge sketch challenge. Instead of the long, skinny card shown in the sketch, I adjusted the elements to make a standard sized one using images from the Flower Power stamp set.

The heart shaped peace symbol is colored with Copic markers to match the colors in the My Mind’s Eye paper I used for the panel across the cardfront. I wrote the colors I used on a scrap of cardstock and at first, I couldn’t find it when I went to write this post. This was the one time that Chloe the cutie puppy’s habit of scrap stealing actually came in handy—I found the scrap hanging out of her mouth and was able to snag it before she chomped it down. It doesn't show up in the photo, but I added some glittery clear Spica pen highlights, too.

The rest of the card is very simple. I added a decorative border strip to the top of the patterned paper panel and wrapped a piece of green herringbone twill around the card, accented with a small bow. The image and sentiment panels are layered on the cardfront over the patterned paper and ribbon. This would make a fun card for a teen with its peace theme and fresh color combination.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Flower Power stamp set, Couture Cardstock medium weight white Copic blending cardstock, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (V15, E000, E00,YG05, YG09, BG05, BG49, Y11) and Clear Spica pen, My Mind’s Eye Penny Lane "Katie Lou" Perfect Circles designer paper, Nestabilities circle dies, Alexx Kesh green herringbone twill, Bow Easy

other: Lemon Tart and Simply Chartreuse cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Apron Lace border punch (Fiskars)

2 comments:

  1. "Groovy" card! - Love this card Lori, the colors are wonderful and I like the CAS layout a lot.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips