Tuesday, July 20, 2010

All Boy

***Scroll down to the post below for my project and all the details on this month's i {heart} papers DT challenge***

This is kind of part 2 of my i {heart} papers design team challenge to use patterned papers. The card is based on this week’s Hip Hop sketch challenge. I went with a little boy theme, so I simplified the sketch just a little to keep it more little boy-friendly.

I stamped the dino image from Unity's Sketchy Little Boy kit on a piece of My Mind’s Eye patterned paper. After I cut out the image, I added a little shading with a coordinating Copic marker to add interest to the image. I also sparkled it up with a spritz or two of Frost Shimmer Spray—after all, who can say whether or not a dinosaur’s skin was sparkly?

I used the flip side of the paper I used for the dinosaur image for the large panel on the cardfront. A strip of teal cardstock, decorated with a green ribbon with a black edge runs across the card. I added the kit’s “all boy” sentiment on a kind of wavy, pennant-style strip just below the ribbon.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Unity Stamp Co. Sketchy Little Boy kit, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic marker (YG95), My Mind’s Eye Abbey Road Stomp "Rock On" Tadpole designer paper, Frost Psssst! Shimmer Spray, May Arts solid/two tone satin green ribbon

other: Garden Green cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips