Thursday, July 22, 2010

Catch the Wave

As soon as I saw this week’s sketch at 2 Sketches 4 You, I knew just what I wanted to do. The scalloped strip across the sketch made me think of water and the round elements made me think of fish, so that inspired this fun summer card using images from the Surf stamp set from Clear & Simple Stamps. The finished card also fits the Moxie Fab fun and cute card challenge to a T.

I started with a glittery wave patterned paper from American Crafts. The wave paper is attached to a pale blue card base. I layered a piece of clear acetate over it for a glassy, watery look.

I stamped the set’s fish image twice in orange ink, carefully cut each one out and attached teeny, tiny gems for their eyes before using foam tape to place them in the water (under the acetate). A strip of orange ribbon, knotted at the left side of the card, hides the adhesive I used to hold the acetate in place. The “catch the wave” sentiment is stamped on a piece of a Labels 9 die and slid under the edge of the ribbon.

Materials Used:
Surf stamp set (Clear and Simple Stamps); Only Orange Classic ink, Soft Sky and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Tangerine Tidal Wave designer paper (American Crafts-Heat Wave collection); Labels 9 die (Spellbinders); orange grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); Tiny Twinkles (Taylored Expressions); foam tape; acetate

6 comments:

  1. This is super cute! I love those fishies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute & fun card!
    Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute, love the acetate over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay Ms Lori I think this is my all time favorite card of yours!!! Wow is this a cutie or what! Love the water with the orange fishies and then that bright orange ribbon - so much fabbiness on one card
    Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
    :) Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lori! Thanks for entering the Let's Do Fun & Cute Card Style Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips