Saturday, July 3, 2010

Hang in There

Here’s my card for this week’s Mojo Monday sketch. I went with the square version of the sketch and used some of my new Verve stamps, too.

I stamped the “hang in there” sentiment from the new Always on My Mind set on a cream panel. The edges are inked with some caramel ink. I used the Ranger ink blending tool I picked up at the scrapbooking convention I went to last weekend—definitely need to practice with this some more . . .

I used different dotted elements for the rest of the card. The bottom panel is made from a piece of paper from the So Sophie line from My Mind’s Eye. I embossed the top panel with a dotted embossing folder. And, the panel slipped underneath the sentiment is a dotted scrap of Basic Grey’s Kraft Basics paper. I added a strip of grosgrain ribbon and a cork heart, accented with a red button, to add some texture to the design.

Materials Used:
Always on My Mind stamp set (Verve Stamps); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); Creamy Caramel Classic ink, Bermuda Bay, Riding Hood Red, and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Kraft Basics designer paper (Basic Grey); So Sophie designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); Hawaiian Shores grosgrain ribbon, Pure Poppy button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Polka Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); circle and heart dies (Nestabilities); cork (My Favorite Things)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips