Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Thanks for the Lift

Here's my bright, cheerful card for today's SCS sketch challenge. I used one of the hot air balloon images from Papertrey Ink's Up, Up & Away set along with some bold patterned paper from the So Sophie line from My Mind's eye for this one.

I die cut the balloon shape, then colored it with Copic markers, trying to blend the blues and greens together for a gradient look. The balloon is set on a Bermuda Bay sky with white felt die cut clouds. The bold patterned paper is behind the image panel and matted on a coordinating orange panel.

I brought in a bit more orange by knotting a piece of orange seam binding tape around the Bermuda Bay panel that extends from the side of the image panel. I stamped the set's "thanks for the lift" sentiment on a white circle, matted it on a Bermuda Bay circle and attached it to the card with foam tape.

Materials Used:
Up, Up, & Away stamp set, Simply Chartreuse cardstock, hot air balloon and cloud dies (Papertrey Ink); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Bermuda Bay and Pumpkin Pie cardstock (Stampin' Up!); So Sophie designer paper (My Mind's Eye); seam binding tape (Martha Stewart); circle dies (Nestabilities); circle punch (EK Success); foam tape; white felt

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips