Sunday, July 18, 2010

You Touched My Heart

Here's my card for this week's Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge. Adela's shared a great sketch and a gorgeous, elegant sample, so be sure to stop by the Planet to check it out.

I used three different stamp sets from Verve for my card. I started with the notebook paper image from Blue Skies, stamped in pale blue ink on a cream panel. The panel's edges were inked with a light brown ink to add some depth, then I stamped three heart images from the Always on My Mind set dropping down from the top of the paper panel. The middle heart has a little additional "line" added to it using a matching brown marker. The hearts are filled in with red Stickles and a matching red satin ribbon is knotted beneath them.

I used a dotted paper for the panel behind the image panel. It's layered on a piece of kraft cardstock and zig zag stitched around the edges. My sewing actually came out pretty nicely here! I cut a red scalloped strip for along the bottom of the panel to bring in just a little more red. I strayed just a little bit from the sketch by attaching the image panel on a slant. I used some foam tape to add a little dimension to the layers, then stamped the sentiment from Thankful Hearts underneath the panel in red ink.

If you have a chance to play along with this week's sketch, please upload your card to the PCP gallery using the keyword sk071710 so it can be added to the album with the rest of the cards based on the sketch.

Materials Used:
Always on My Mind, Blue Skies, and Thankful Hearts stamp sets (Verve Stamps); Creamy Caramel, Soft Sky, and Real Red Classic inks, Very Vanilla and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Hawaiian Shores cardstock, Library Ledger patterned paper, medium scallop die (Papertrey Ink); red satin ribbon (Target); Ruby Slippers Glitz Stickles (Ranger); red felt; sewing machine; foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips