Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Easy as ABC 123

Here’s my card for this week’s Our Craft Lounge sketch challenge. At first, the sketch’s narrow oval element stumped me, but once I got an idea for that element, the card came together very quickly.

I stamped the “abc123” strip from the School Notes set repeatedly in gray ink on a white panel to make my own notebook style paper. The left edge is punched with a spiral edge punch to add to the look. I stamped the set’s apple and pencil images on scraps of white cardstock and colored them with Copic markers, then cut them out to add to the cardfront.

I used a pair of patterned papers from two different October Afternoon designer paper collections on the cardfront. The striped paper is embellished with a red twill ribbon and some white pen faux stitching along the bottom.

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge School Notes stamp set, Memento Tuxedo Black and London Fog inks, Couture Cardstock white Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (E18, E51, C-5, Y21, Y26, R12, R22, R24, R27, R81, R85, RV00, YG17, YG25), October Afternoon Fly a Kite and Thrift Shop designer paper, Alexx Kesh red herringbone twill, Ranger Inkssentials white pen

other: Pear Parfait cardstock, spiral edge punch (Stampin’ Up!); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips