Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Taylored Expressions Blast from the Past Blog Hop


I’m excited to be participating in today’s Taylored Expressions Blast from the Past Blog Hop. You can find a full list of blog hop participants and links to their blogs at the end of my post.

Here’s my card for today’s hop, based on the sketch created by Sankari. I went for a masculine look using a combination of images from the You’re My Hero set. I stamped the accent images first on a Marina Mist panel in coordinating ink, then stamped the rocker over them in darker blue ink. For a shadowed look, I stamped the image again in white pigment ink, slightly offset.

The image is paired with a red and blue striped paper. To keep with the rock star theme, I included some star shaped and shiny silver accents to the card. I stamped the “rock” sentiment on a silver star and added it to the card using some foam tape.

Be sure to check out what the rest of the participants have created for the hop. Enjoy!


Materials Used:
You’re My Hero stamp set (Taylored Expressions); Marina Mist Classic ink, Marina Mist, Not Quite Navy, and Cherry Cobbler cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Enchanted Evening and Fresh Snow inks (Papertrey Ink); silver shimmer paper, silver satin ribbon (Target); Lil’ Robots designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); circle punches (EK Success); circle dies (Spellbinders); Classic Star border punch (Martha Stewart); foam tape

17 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this Lori! FAB stamps and I LOVE how you created the shadow! This ROCKS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card!! Love the stamped circle!! Great job!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the shadowed look, perfect! Great colors for a masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it Lori! Awesome job as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really neat star and ribbon details.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the silver elements and details. I have a rocker brother that would adore this card:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. holy cow i thought this was cut out! Thats a neat effect! Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the shadow effect from the offset image!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool looking design...love your rocker and the colors and papers are just perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is super cool, Lori! I love the offset in white pigment! Looks so realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card! I especially like the border on the left with the stars!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card Lori. Love the colors and that shadowy image... great technique! :o)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips