Sunday, September 12, 2010

Have a Boo-tiful Day

It is definitely not a boo-tiful or beautiful day here! It's been drizzly and dreary, but perfect for staying inside and stamping. The sun's just starting to peek out from behind the clouds. Hopefully I'll be able to get Chloe the cutie puppy out for a walk in a little bit. She refused this morning--didn't want to get her (not so) delicate paws damp, I guess. I got her her very first Halloween costume this morning at Target. All of Cosmo the crazy dog's costumes were very boyish, so I needed something a little more girlie for her. I got her a bat with purple sparkly satin wings, but this may not be my final choice. I'm not sure I love it for her. Fortunately I still have time to find the perfect costume for Chloe's first Halloween.

And, speaking of Halloween, here's a fun Halloween card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's based on this simple card. I made a few adjustments to the layout and switched out the images for ones from the Chicken Girl Design Silly Monsters set. This is one of the sets that was released before Chicken Girl went digi, so it's available while supplies last at i {heart} papers.

I stamped the ghost image on a scrap of white cardstock and shaded it just a bit with the palest shades of purple Copic markers. After cutting the ghost out, I sprayed it with some Sparkle Shimmer Spritz for a fun twinkle. The ghost is set on an orange mat that's layered on a fancy edged circle cut with the new Spellbinders lacey circles die.

I used two different papers from SEI's new Halloween line, Spooks, for the card. The foil star panel is set at an angle on the cardfront. I knotted a piece of orange glimmer ribbon around the top of the panel and added the sentiment on a narrow orange panel, slipped underneath the bottom edge of the ribbon. An orange plaid panel covers most of the deep purple cardfront.

Materials Used:

other: Pumpkin Pie and Concord Crush cardstock (Stampin' Up!); foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips