Monday, September 27, 2010

Thanks for the Lift

Here's my card for this week's SCS clean and simple challenge. This week's challenge is a sketch, based on this card by my fellow DT member Charlene.


I turned to my Across the Miles set from Clear and Simple Stamps for my version of the sketch. I used shades of greens and blues, along with a pop of bright patterned paper for the balloon.

I created a simple sky backdrop for the balloon with a light blue panel and a big, fluffy felt cloud. The balloon is stamped on the panel and the top is paper pieced with a scrap of My Mind's Eye designer paper. I used foam tape to attach the balloon to the panel for a dimensional look. The "thanks for the lift" sentiment is stamped in blue ink at the bottom of the panel.

The green strip that runs across the card, underneath the sky scene, is punched with a zig zag edged punch that mirrors the pattern on the balloon. I wrapped some coordinating baker's twine around the strip and added a button to secure the twine.

Materials Used:
Across the Miles stamp set, Perfect Little Black Dress ink, Trendsetter Blue cardstock,Simply Blue-tiful button (Clear and Simple Stamps); Hawaiian Shores ink, Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Certainly Celery cardstock (Stampin' Up!); So Sophie designer paper (My Mind's Eye); zig zag border punch (EK Success); baker's twine (The Twinery); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips