Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Time to Celebrate

***Scroll down to the post below to see my card for Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge.***

I couldn't let the day pass without wishing my mom a very happy birthday. I used this week's Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge, designed by Kim for her birthday card. We had a family celebration over the weekend, so it’s safe for me to share this card now.

Instead of a small stamped image, I made my own paper candles using a pair of embossed paper strips topped with oval-ish flames. I dotted the flames with some Stickles for a little sparkle.

I kept the rest of the elements on the card simple to keep the focus on the candles. I used a kraft card base with a panel of Spring Moss cardstock at the top. A strip of Ripe Avocado stitched grosgrain ribbon (that was left over from another project and has been sitting on my table for quite a while . . .) runs along the bottom of the Spring Moss panel and helps to ground the sentiment from Papertrey Ink’s Birthday Bash Sentiments set. A single button is the final element on the card.

If you have a chance to play along, upload your card to the PCP gallery with the keyword sk091110 so that it can be added to the album with the rest of this week’s creations.

Materials Used:
Birthday Bash Sentiments stamp set, Ripe Avocado ink, Spring Moss and Harvest Gold cardstock, Ripe Avocado stitched grosgrain ribbon, Simply Chartreuse button (Papertrey Ink); Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Polka Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Yellow Stickles (Ranger)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips