Thursday, October 28, 2010

Football All Star

Here’s my card for this week’s Our Craft Lounge sketch challenge. The sketch was designed for a scrapbook page, but I switched it up to make this masculine card using images from the Football All Star set.

I stamped the football player image on a cream panel with brown ink, then inked the edges of the panel with more of the same ink to match the image's weathered, distressed feel.

I wanted a mostly monochromatic look, so I used a piece of brown grid patterned paper to cover most of the cardfront. A piece of cork paper runs down the left side of the cardfront. I added a strip of striped fabric tape to the cork, too—these tapes are the perfect embellishment for masculine cards. The image is layered over the cork and accented with a kraft photo corner. I stamped the sentiment and a tiny football image on a cream oval and again inked the panel’s edges before attaching it to the cardfront with dimensionals.

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Football All Star stamp set, Memento Rich Cocoa ink, Jillibean Soup Soup Staples designer paper, Creative Impressions cork paper, e2craft light brown/beige striped fabric tape, Spellbinders oval dies, Zva Creative foam dimensionals

other: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, and Very Vanilla cardstock, photo corner punch (Stampin’ Up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips