Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It's a Snow Day

After the disaster that was last winter, I hope that there's not a snow day for a long while! The memories of all that snow didn't keep me from adding this adorable winter weather bunny to my stamping collection though. I used the set from The Cat's Pajamas for this week's SCS sketch challenge. I combined the sketch with this week's TCP Tuesday challenge to use pink embellishments.

I started with a piece of kraft patterned paper from a DCWV matstack and built my card around that. The bunny image is colored with Copic markers and I used the out of the box technique to cut out its ears so they extended beyond the oval panel. The ice beneath the bunny's feet is sprinkled with a little glitter for some sparkle.

I squeezed in 3 pink embellishments--a pink felt die cut snowflake, a pink button tied with some pink baker's twine, and a strip of pink grosgrain ribbon. The snow day sentiment just fit on the blue snowflake edged panel to finish the card.

I was totally thrilled to find out yesterday that one of my entries for this month's TCP Think Pink Customer Blog Hop was chosen as the winner! I'm looking forward to playing along with the super talented TCP Cat Pack for November's release.

Materials Used:
Skating Bunny stamp set, pink baker's twine, pink felt (The Cat's Pajamas); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, and Marina Mist cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin' Up!); winter matstack (DCWV); oval dies (Spellbinders); pink grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); snowflake die (My Favorite Things); Snowflake border punch (EK Success); button; foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips