Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Look on the Bright Side

Here’s my card for this week’s Hip Hop sketch challenge. I went for a vintage-y look, which is out of my comfort zone. I managed to incorporate some vintage elements while still keeping my design pretty clean and simple.

I started with the On the Bright Side Itty Bitty. The lamp was inked with markers, then stamped on a cream panel. I added some Liquid Pearls to the bottom of the lampshade and inked around the edges of the panel with a soft brown ink for a more aged look before layering the image on a kraft mat.

I used two patterns from Pink Paislee’s 365 Degrees paper pad for the panels on my cardfront. Again, I inked the edges with a little soft brown ink. The sentiment is stamped in the upper left corner in black ink. It looks a little lost—probably should have stamped it on a solid panel and attached that to the patterned piece . . . After layering the papers, I ran a strip of organza trim with roses across the cardfront. I used i {stick} papers redline tape to attach it quickly and without a gluey mess seeping through the delicate trim. The stamped image is layered over the bulky trim using foam dots. Not completely vintage, but my version of it at least.

Materials Used
from i {heart} papers: Unity Stamp Co. On the Bright Side Itty Bitty, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Pink Paislee 365 Degrees designer paper pad, Ranger White Opal Liquid Pearls, Spellbinders oval dies, Maya Road organza rose cream trim, i {stick} papers redline tape, Zva Creative adhesive dimensional dots (2 mm)

other: Old Olive, Crumb Cake, and Very Vanilla cardstock, Old Olive and Chocolate Chip markers (Stampin’ Up); Tuxedo Black marker (Memento); Chai vintage touch ink (Papertrey Ink)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips