Monday, October 25, 2010

Super Star Skates

Here’s my card for this week’s SCS clean and simple challenge. This week’s challenge was to use either gingham or checks. I went with some fun checked fabric tape on my project. This self-adhesive stuff is a great, easy to use accent for projects. My favorite place to get fabric tape is i {heart} papers—Kate’s got a great assortment of colors and patterns available in the store.

I used the skates from Papertrey Ink’s new On Ice set for my card. I'm a huge hockey fan (go Caps and UW Badgers!), so as soon as I saw the skate images, I envisioned hockey skates instead of figure skates and that’s exactly what I did here. I die cut the skates, then stamped the skate image. After stamping, I cut off the “sock” portion of the image above each skate and colored the boots with Copic markers. I used a silver gel pen to color the blades for a super shiny look.

I arranged the skate pair on one end of a red panel, leaving room to run a strip of red, white, and blue checked fabric tape along the left side of the panel. This tape is becoming one of my favorite go-to embellishments for masculine cards. A big blue button, tied with some twine, is set at the bottom of the panel, over the tape, as a simple embellishment. The “super star” sentiment from All Star Team Additions is stamped underneath the image panel in white ink to complete the clean and simple design.

Materials Used:
On Ice and All Star Team Additions stamp sets, Fresh Snow ink, Enchanted Evening cardstock, Enchanted Evening button, ice skate die (Papertrey Ink); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Real Red cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); fabric tape (e2craft); silver gel pen (Sakura); foam tape; twine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips