Saturday, November 27, 2010

Ho, Ho, Ho Mojo

Here's another card using one of the images from the new DoodleFactory Tis the Season set, now available at Starving Artistamps. I paired the jolly Santa image with this week's Mojo Monday sketch for this seasonal card.

I colored Santa with Copic markers and carefully cut the colored image out. I covered his beard with some Polar White Flower Soft for a fun, fluffy texture. I made a simple backdrop for Santa using a piece of light blue cardstock with some strips of torn shimmery white cardstock "snow" at the bottom. Santa's set on the scene with foam tape.

I kept the rest of the card simple. I used a panel of Cosmo Cricket's Jolly by Golly designer paper on the cardfront--the colors in the pattern worked well with Santa's suit and the sky backgrount. After setting Santa on the card, I ran a strip of aqua satin ribbon across the card on an angle and embellished it with a small bow. The "ho" sentiment on a pair of layered ovals completed the card.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Tis the Season and Casual Holiday Greetings sets, Polar White Flower Soft (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist cardstock, Aqua Mist satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Riding Hood Red, Crumb Cake, and Shimmery White cardstock, oval punches (Stampin' Up!); Jolly by Golly designer paper (Cosmo Cricket); Bow Easy; foam tape

1 comment:

  1. can you say cute...I just luv this image and how you worked with it, big smile on face this a.m.!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips