Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Wintery Thanks

It’s the middle of the week already and I’m just getting to Paper Craft Planet’s Saturday sketch challenge. Jessica designed this week’s sketch and I changed it just a bit so that I could show off the beautiful snowflake design on the patterned paper I used.

For my focal image, I colored up the little girl image from the Snowflake Girl set from The Cat’s Pajamas. She’s colored in blues and purples to coordinate with the colors in the pretty wintery Bo Bunny designer paper panel I used to cover the cardfront. The swirly snow design in the lower left corner was too pretty to cover up, so I shifted the lavender circle that holds my image up just a little bit to keep the design visible. The colored image is attached to the circle with foam tape. I stamped the sentiment on a Baja Breeze strip and attached that to the card.

I decided the top part of the card looked too empty, so I stretched a piece of lavender seam binding across it. A pretty matching bow, decorated with a snowflake button, finishes the design.

If you have a chance to play along, be sure to use the Linky Tools widget to link your card to the sketch challenge post on the PCP blog. You can also upload your card to the PCP gallery with the keyword sk120410.

Materials Used:
Snowflake Girl stamp set (The Cat’s Pajamas); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Baja Breeze cardstock, Modern Label punch (Stampin’ Up!); Lovely Lavender cardstock (Gina K Designs); Plum Pudding ink (Papertrey Ink); Winter Frost designer paper (Bo Bunny); lavender seam binding (Martha Stewart); snowflake button (Blumenthal/Lansing); circle die (Spellbinders); baker's twine (Timeless Twine); clear crystal; foam tape

1 comment:

  1. That patterned paper is very cool - I likey! I love the blue and purple colors.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips