Thursday, December 9, 2010

You're Sweet

Here’s my card for this week’s Our Craft Lounge sketch challenge. I went seasonal for this one with the Gingerbread Fun set and a warm red and brown color combination.

I stamped the open line gingerbread image in black ink on an oval panel, then colored the gingerbread man with Copic markers. For the icing detail, I used a white pen. It has a nice pop against the gingerbread man’s toasty brown color. To dress it up a little, I brushed some brown ink around the panel’s edges and machine stitched it, too. The “you’re so sweet” sentiment is stamped in red ink on a smaller oval.

I used two patterned paper panels, one from Jillibean Soup and one from My Mind’s Eye’s new Valentine’s Day collection, to cover the cardfront. I stitched around the edges of those, too, to match the image panel. After attaching the image, I knotted a piece of brown faux suede ribbon around the card.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Gingerbread Fun stamp set, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (E13, E17, E18, W00, W-1), Ranger Inkssentials white pen, Jillibean Soup red Soup Staples patterned paper, My Mind’s Eye State of the Heart Collection Kit, Spellbinders oval and scalloped oval dies, May Arts brown faux suede ribbon, Zva Creative dimensional dots

other: white Copic blending cardstock (Couture Cardstock); Creamy Caramel cardstock, Creamy Caramel Classic ink(Stampin’ Up!); sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips