Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hello Birdie

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. I wanted to use my new Papertrey Ink Little Bitty Bird set again, so when I saw this card, I knew I'd use it for the challenge.

I kept the layout and colors pretty much the same on my version, using a few less layers for a clean look. The bird is stamped on a piece of die cut Hawaiian Shores felt, then set on a stamped branch. I stamped the "hello" sentiment underneath the image in orange for a bright pop of color.

Like in the original card, I stamped my own background paper. The set's long swirl image is fun and whimsical. I stamped it in Ripe Avocado ink on a same color cardstock panel, then set the matted image panel on it. The panel is edged with orange die cut strips. I added a wide strip of Hawaiian Shores grosgrain ribbon along the left side of the card, finishing it off with a button embellished bow at the bottom.

Materials Used:
Little Bitty Bird stamp set, Orange Zest, Ripe Avocado, and Dark Chocolate inks, Ripe Avocado and Orange Zest cardstock, Hawaiian Shores felt, eyelet lace border and Little Bitty Bird dies, Hawaiian Shores grosgrain ribbon, Orange Zest button (Papertrey Ink); white cardstock (Stampin' Up!); marker (Copic); baker's twine (The Twinery)

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love that big bow with the button, great finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color combo in this one!Cute!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips