Monday, February 14, 2011

Bee My Honey Bee

Here's my card for this week's TCP Tuesday inspiration challenge. I took my inspiration from a few different elements in the inspiration photo, including the aqua and brown color scheme, the dotted elements, and the layered buttons, and used this month's Sketch for You to Try as a starting point.

I used the adorable Honey Bear as my focal image. He's colored with Copic markers and cut out. I used foam tape to attach him to the card.

Honey Bear is sitting on a panel of brown paper with a stripe and dot pattern. I picked another dotted paper for the panel that runs along the left side of the card. Both panels are matted with a dark aqua cardstock.

A matching strip of grosgrain ribbon runs across the card, over both panels. I stamped the "bee my honey" sentiment, then stamped the "bee" again at the end to customize my sentiment. A pair of layered buttons, tied with a little baker's twine, sits at the end of the ribbon.

The little bee at the top was a spur of the moment addition. I though he'd look cute fluttering around up there! I stamped the bee on a scrap of white cardstock, colored it, and cut it out. The wings are coated with a little glitter for some sparkle. It's attached to the card with foam tape, adding a little whimsical touch to the design.

Materials Used: Honey Bear stamp set (The Cat's Pajamas); Aqua Mist and Hawaiian Shores cardstock, Hawaiian Shores grosgrain ribbon, Hawaiian Shores and Dark Chocolate buttons (Papertrey Ink); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Joyride mini deck (Cosmo Cricket); Fine and Dandy True Blue 6 x 6 pad (My Mind's Eye); Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin' Up!); foam tape

4 comments:

 
Blogging tips